Other title(s):Pathé žurnaal nr. 37
Pathé Newsreel no. 37
Description:This newsreel is probably put together of different parts of different newsreels since some of it is in Russian and some of it in English.
Synopsis: newsreel of the events of the I WW. Australian soldiers in France. Buildings covered with sandbags in Paris. Aircrafts flying to Washington. French soldiers in New York. American troops in Alsace. Mortar fire. Portuguese artillerymen. Kitchen fatigue. American cavalrymen training at Camp Kearney U.S. Military base in California.
1. subject – Australian veterans of the Gallipoli Peninsula Front (in Russian)
2. subject – Paris. France. Fortifying buildings of the enemy’s mortar fire (in Russian)
3. subject – French Airmen’s flight from Mineola to Washington (in Russian)
4. subject – French troops in the United States (in Russian)
5. subject – American troops in Alsace
6. subject – When France sweeps forward (in English)
7. subject – A Portuguese battery hurts its’ defiance at the Hun.
8. subject – Camp Kearny in California
Keywords:EFG1914 / World War, 1914-1918 -- France / World War, 1914-1918 -- Australia / Soldiers / World War, 1914-1918 -- Campaigns -- Black Sea / World War, 1914-1918 -- Campaigns -- Turkey / Buildings -- War damage / Air warfare / World War, 1914-1918 -- United States / Military ceremonies, honors, and salutes / Soldiers / World War, 1914-1918 -- Portugal / Cavalry / World War I