Your single access point to films, images and texts from selected collections of 38 film archives across Europe
KINONEDELJA No. 35
Kuvaus:1. Comrade Rakovskij, the chairman of the Soviet Peoples’ Commissars of the Ukraine. / Chairman of the Soviet Peoples’ Commissars of Latvia, Comrade Stučka.
2. City of Nesviž. While the city was still occupied by the Germans, a Communist underground movement was in operation and managed to seize power in time for the arrival of the Soviet troops. / The castle of Prince Radzwill, formerly the headquarters of the German High Command, was taken by a unit of the Frontier Guard. / Military Commissar of the Frontier Guard, Comrade Braude. / Power was transferred to the Soviet of Workers’ and Peasants’ deputies and an executive committee was elective.
3. In Minsk. The murders of Karl Liebknecht and Rosa Luxemburg caused uproar among the citizens. / The Commissar for Foreign Affairs, Comrade Petrov, delivers a passionate speech at the demonstration.
4. In Balašov. Comrade Trockij, at the front with his followers, visits the border.
5. Liski Station. Reserve units depart for the front to replace their wearied comrades.
6. Gučkov is arrested by the Petljura militia while travelling from Kiev to Odessa.
Avainsanat:EFG1914 / World War I / Rakovskij; Stučka; Prince Radzwill; Braude; Petrov; Trockij; Gučkov. / Nesviž; Minsk; Balašov; Liski. / A Communist underground movement seizes power in Nesviž; a unit of the Frontier Guard takes the castle of Prince Radzwill; a demonstration in Minsk; Trockij at the front; replacement units depart for the front; the Petljura militia arrests Gučkov. / Patriotism / Military ceremonies, honors, and salutes