EFG

Direktlink:
Inhalt; Accesskey: 2 |Hauptnavigation; Accesskey: 3 |Servicenavigation; Accesskey: 4

Tainiothiki tis Ellados (Athens)

>> View TTE collections on EFG  The Greek Film Archive collaborates with Athens University and Panteion University regarding various educational projects, both in graduate and postgraduate levels. The Greek Film Archive also has a long standing tradition in organising screenings and festivals in cooperation with the Greek Film Center and the Thessaloniki Film Festival.
 
The Greek Film Archive was first set up in 1950 by the Association of Film Critics in Athens. In 1963, a Foundation by the name “Film Archives of Greece – Greek Film Archive” was officially established by Royal Decree (105/1963). Since 1983, the Greek Film Archive has been a full member of the International Federation of Film Archives (FIAF). The Greek Film Archive is registered as a non-profit cultural foundation and receives an annual subsidy from the Greek Ministry of Culture.
 
The Archive holds the largest and most important film collection in Greece of 10,000 foreign and over 2,500 Greek titles, along with a collection of pre-cinematic apparatuses, magic lanterns, as well as various types of cameras and cinema-related equipment. It also holds around 7,000 photographs from Greek films, and another 10,000 from foreign films, about 5,000 stills and programs, and around 800 Greek and 1,500 foreign film posters. The Archive’s Library has a wide collection of out of print books, cinema catalogues and magazines directly accessible to the public.
 
The Greek Film Archive collaborates with Athens University and Panteion University regarding various educational projects, both in graduate and postgraduate levels. The Greek Film Archive also has a long standing tradition in organising screenings and festivals in cooperation with the Greek Film Center and the Thessaloniki Film Festival.
 >> www.tainiothiki.gr